An installation/invisible performance (via headphones) in Morden Tower, Newcastle, on the old city walls. The tower was originally home to the hiring and firing committee of the goldsmiths’ guild: new arrivals in the city would pass through here to be vetted for a job or sent away. One side of the tower looks out onto a neatly cut lawn popular with early-morning joggers; the other side onto the alley (Back Stowell Street) behind the main drag of Chinatown. The piece was made using materials found in the alley during a week-long residency as part of Borders: The Space Between festival in 2011 curated by Situation Rhubarb. To listen to the 10-minute performance, a visitor would sit on the crates and put on the headphones, and the performance, recorded binaurally from the same spot, would unfold invisibly around them.
- Another time in the same place at the same time in another place
- A pinch of notoriety will do
- Back Stowell Street
- The House at the End of the Pier
- Publications and Origami
- Try to eat everything
- re:PAIR – ambonezenbosje
- if we stop now, they’ll crush us like bedbugs!
- worm, parcel, and serve
- histoires concrètes
- seaside postcards (Junket, 2010)
- can i interest you in an amazing new experience?